Monday, May 15, 2006

My Debut Mr. Bento Lunch


Today's lunch was a super tender piece of steak, with chile mashed potatoes and broccoli, from Abuelo's Mexican restaurant. It's the remains of my Mother's Day dinner. Since I filled up on chips and salsa, I could only eat half my entree. The steak had a mushroom sauce and was served on a puff pastry. Shhh...I also had dessert even though I didn't finish my dinner, tres leches cake. You'll notice none of the dessert is left over.
In the other containers are matzo ball soup, noodle kugel and cucumber salad. I made big batches of all three of these, so I'm sure I'll have them several times this week. Next to the kugel is a Cashew Roca and a ginger chew.
In related news, Boy's Laptop Lunchbox arrived today. Stay tuned for tomorrow's maiden lunch in it.

No comments: